Targeted Probe and Educate (TPE) Audits
The goal of this presentation is to ensure attendees understand what Target Probe and Educate (TPE) audits are, who performs these audits, and how to best prepare and respond to them.
The presentation includes an introduction to TPE audits. Also, this session will focus on providing information about how to minimize risk, prepare for an audit, and how to use the results of the audit to mitigate future risks.
Presenters at this session will discuss:
• The basics of TPE audits.
• How to avoid selection by leveraging data analytics.
• Preparing for each phase of the audit process.
• Responding to MAC auditors.
• Incorporating findings into your process improvement plan.
Angela Carmichael, MBA, RHIA, CDIP, CCS, CCS-P, CRC
Versalus Health Newtown Square, PA