The Rise of Privacy
Presenters at this session will share a wealth of detailed, yet well-organized content that will illustrate where US healthcare currently stands in regard to privacy and security regulations, and how these regulations will be increasing in the near term. How and who will be impacted are key topics of discussion, as these areas are still largely unknown. Presenters will address the latest thoughts on these matters by sharing information from reliable sources that have published content, in addition to actual rules and regulator guidance.
Presenters will also address what to do now and in the near term to be ready for and to actually implement the processes required to comply with GDPR, CCPA, and state privacy regulation and laws as they arise. Finally, they will discuss how these laws and regulations will impact all of US society and any business that has any type of personal information, with a focus on healthcare.
Attendees of this session will:
• Learn steps that can be taken now to begin building compliance.
• Receive information about how the near term should be navigated to ensure adequate policy, procedures forms and information management processes are designed, established, implemented, and mentioned on an ongoing basis.
• Learn about the new GDPR, CCPA, and state privacy regulations and how they apply and impact compliance.
• Be encouraged to think about what actions should be taken now and in the near term.
• Hear discussions on how society is impacted by these new laws.
Kelly McLendon, RHIA, CHPS
CompliancePro Solutions Titusville, FL