How to Be a Remarkable Leader in a Virtual Workplace
Presenters at this session will discuss the evolution of the remote or virtual workplace, including definitions and reasons for its expansion. They will address leadership challenges and opportunities when managing a remote workforce, while comparing the similarities and differences in leading remote teams in terms achieving outcomes, engaging others, and understanding others.
Additionally, there will be practical guidance on common difficulties such as time keeping, labor laws, payroll, etc. Presenters will discuss the importance of encouraging and assisting in the development of leaders with the skills to lead from a distance.
After completing this session, participants will be able to:
• Discuss the impact of a virtual work environment on operations.
• Identify reasons why we should support a virtual work environment.
• Assess any challenges in a virtual work environment.
• Determine what skills leaders need to best lead a remote workforce.
• Analyze current challenges or skill gaps.
• Identify remote workforce best practices.
Thea Campbell, MBA, RHIA
Health Information Department, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center Los Angeles, CA