Creating the High Performing Triad: Finance, HIM, and Clinical Executives
An HFMA Partnership Session
There is no denying the importance of a strong relationship between accurate clinical documentation, coding, and reimbursement. This session is designed to delve into the minds of the finance leader, the clinical leader, and the health information leader. A panel will discuss how these functions can work together effectively to create a high performing team.
After attending this session, participants will be able to:
• Utilize key strategies to present business cases and investments in a meaningful way.
• Recognize and interpret the unique language used by members of the team for improved performance.
• Include the key “must haves” when presenting a return on investment.
• Hard wire operational efficiencies into health information functions.
• Share leading practices in working with clinicians for accurate documentation related to coding and reimbursement.
• Create working internal structures and committees for strong, optimal performance.
Todd Nelson, FHFMA, MBA
Director, Partner Relationships, & Chief Partnership Executive, HFMA
Katie Gilfillan, CHFP, MSW
Director, Healthcare Finance Policy, Physician and Clinical Practice, HFMA