Health information management (HIM) as a profession has morphed into a variety of roles, functions, and responsibilities within and outside of the traditional HIM department. While many healthcare stakeholders still associate HIM with medical record stewardship, it is clear that tracking, organizing, and disseminating rich data—as well as bridging the gap between what information is needed versus what information may be requested—is still central to HIM professionals’ expertise.
Additionally, the COVID-19 pandemic presents numerous challenges and opportunities for HIM professionals, who are generally solutionists by nature. Thus, where there are opportunities, they can credibly contribute.
The global pandemic and the natural advancement of healthcare technology and processes calls for creativity. Resourceful HIM professionals have identified more efficient ways of doing business and have turned a spotlight on their profession’s contributions to the healthcare ecosystem in the process.
AHIMA20 will feature carefully curated selection of sessions dedicated to the concepts of change management, leadership, process improvement, and more.
Organizational Management & Dynamic Leadership
- Using Your Superpower at Work: Presenters at this session will discuss the personal, social, and scientific case for making kindness our default response. They will present kindness as a superpower, based on science and the extraordinary positive impact that being kind can make—even in extreme circumstances.
- Trust the Foundation of Transformation: Presenters in this session will share the secret sauce to team success by walking you through their journey of restructuring three teams and leading complex change.
- Bridging the Great Divide: Presenters at this session will share how to visualize a new destination and the team it takes to achieve it. They will discuss organizational structure before and after a change, navigating through cultural shock, and gathering the right data.
For more Organizational Management & Dynamic Leadership sessions, click here and check the Organizational Management & Dynamic Leadership filter on the left-hand side of the page to aggregate our educational offerings on this topic.
“Resourceful HIM professionals have identified more efficient ways of doing business and have turned a spotlight on their profession’s contributions to the healthcare ecosystem in the process.”
Dive Deeper: AHIMA Resources on Organizational Management & Dynamic Leadership
Get a head start on your AHIMA20 Organizational Management & Dynamic Leadership experience by accessing webinars, Journal of AHIMA content, and other valuable content on this topic. We’ve curated a selection of resources to take a deeper dive. Click the links below to learn more.
- Journal of AHIMA. “Credibility in Times of Crisis.” Access the article here.
- Access webinars and education presentations on Organizational Management & Dynamic Leadership. Learn more.
- Journal of AHIMA. “Finding Her Way: An HIM Professional Shares Her Journey to Amazon.” Access the article here.
Register for AHIMA20
The AHIMA20 Virtual Conference is the premier educational, exhibition, and networking event for health information professionals. Whether you are seeking cutting-edge education, evaluating the latest market innovations, or are seeking new professional connections, the AHIMA20 Virtual Conference is the place to be. Register today.
Hear from past attendees why they attend the AHIMA conference every year.