Clinical documentation is at the core of every patient encounter. In order to be meaningful, the documentation must be clear, consistent, complete, precise, reliable, timely, and legible to accurately reflect the patient’s disease burden and scope of services provided.
Successful clinical documentation integrity (CDI) programs facilitate the accurate representation of a patient’s clinical status that translates into coded data.
Coded data is then translated into quality reporting, physician report cards, reimbursement, public health data, disease tracking and trending, and medical research.
In the face of unprecedented challenges, AHIMA20 aims to equip health information professionals with the necessary resources to adapt to new realities, modernize standards and regulations, and empower them to provide evidence-based expertise to professionals in every domain of the healthcare ecosystem.
CDI Education at AHIMA20
- Developing and Implementing an Audit Program for Physicians: Presenters at this session will review what a physician practice should consider when they are creating and then implementing an audit program.
- An Inpatient CDI Perspective on HCCs: This session will introduce participants to CMS-HCCs, a risk-adjustment tool created to support the Medicare Advantage program.
- Saving Time for Patient Care by Optimizing Physician Note Templates: Presenters will discuss the notes templates that were optimized after several meetings with EMR personnel. Attendees will learn how a pediatrics team that cares for infants in a mother-baby unit effectively used these notes templates.
For more clinical documentation integrity offerings, click here and check the Clinical Documentation Integrity filter on the left-hand side of the page to aggregate our educational offerings on this topic.
“Clinical documentation is at the core of every patient encounter.”
Dive Deeper: AHIMA Resources on Privacy and Security
Get a head start on your AHIMA20 CDI learning by accessing webinars, Journal of AHIMA content, and other valuable content on this topic. We’ve curated a selection of resources to take a deeper dive. Click the links below to learn more.
- AHIMA’S Public Policy and Government Affairs office recently released a policy statement that addresses clinical documentation. Read more.
- Documentation experts presented an on-demand webinar, “Best Practices for Health Record Management in COVID-19.” Listen here.
- An AHIMA Practice Brief, “CDI Expanding Beyond the Hospital Walls through Standards,” discusses data and information standards in CDI. Read more.
- AHIMA’s CDI experts have created two query templates to help CDI professionals. Learn more.
Register for AHIMA20
The AHIMA20 Virtual Conference is the premier educational, exhibition, and networking event for health information professionals. Whether you are seeking cutting-edge education, evaluating the latest market innovations, or are seeking new professional connections, the AHIMA20 Virtual Conference is the place to be. Register today.
Hear from past attendees why they attend the AHIMA conference every year.