The second day of the AHIMA20 Virtual Conference is in the books. Here is a quick glance at the main events and notable sessions occurring on Friday, October 16.
For more information, please visit the AHIMA20 website.
General Educational Sessions
10:25 am-12:15 pm CT and 1:55-3:45 pm CT
The AHIMA20 Virtual Conference will focus on existing and emerging health information topics with 100+ education sessions and special events featuring top thought leaders from across the industry.
Clinical coding; CDI; privacy and security; AI and emerging technologies; informatics, analysis, and data usage; innovation, patient identification, and matching; social determinants of health; organizational management and dynamic leadership; and revenue cycle management (RCM) are among the topics at this year’s conference. Notable sessions for Friday, October 16 include:
- Creating the High Performing Triad: Finance, HIM, and Clinical Executives: This HFMA partnership session is designed to delve into the minds of the finance leader, the clinical leader, and the health information leader—and how these functions can work together effectively to create a high performing team.
- Application of AI in Healthcare—What’s the Latest? The promise of AI in healthcare has been touted for quite some time, but only recently have we started to see real proven success stories improve healthcare. In this session, presenters will talk about how AI is being leveraged in healthcare and medical practice.
- Guide to Protecting Patient Data in the EHR: Presenters at this session will explore the challenges and responsibilities for health information management in sharing patient data; the benefits and disadvantages of process management; and identifying key stakeholders and their responsibilities in safeguarding PHI from inappropriate collection and use from payers.
- The Evolution of Leadership: A good leader builds relationships and ultimately creates paradigms towards excellence by meeting and exceeding projected goals and objectives. This presentation demonstrates the five most effective methodologies of identifiable skillsets and abilities for successful leadership to implement towards promoting change.
- Enterprise Revenue Cycle Management for the HI Professional: As healthcare systems continue to acquire hospitals, ambulatory centers, and professional provider organizations, they also seek to achieve economies of scale by combining like-functions such as revenue cycle operations. Implementation of enterprise practice management systems and health records can be a common catalyst for this organizational change. HIM managers can see this as a challenge or an opportunity.
- Revisions to CPT E/M Visits 2021 to Improve Efficiencies: Presenters at this session will share insight into the process behind the reimagined approach to office visits and an overview of the CPT® E/M office visit codes revisions—directly from the Secretary of the CPT Editorial Panel.
AHIMA20 Exhibit Hall
Dedicated Hours for Friday: 1:00-1:45 p.m. CT
Visit the virtual Exhibit Hall every day to meet with dynamic exhibitors, attend targeted and timely presentations, and interact with technology demonstrations that may be the solution to your organization’s most pressing challenges. View the Exhibit Hall preview for today’s Tech Demos and Expert Theater Sessions here.
4:00-5:15 p.m. CT
In our final General Session of AHIMA20, hear a presentation from 2021 AHIMA President/Chair Katherine Lusk, MHSM, RHIA, FAHIMA. Then hear the Closing Keynote from Leana S. Wen, MD, M.Sc., FAAEM, visiting professor of health policy and management at George Washington University School of Public Health.
Closing Happy Hour
Join AHIMA staff and conference attendees for a rousing virtual happy hour. Mingle with colleagues, meet new friends, and stick around for prize giveaways!