The first day of the AHIMA20 Virtual Conference is in the books. Here is a quick glance at the main events and notable sessions occurring on Thursday, Oct. 15.
For more information, please visit the AHIMA20 website.
Networking Breakfast Sessions
8:30-9:20 a.m. CT
Early riser education that includes 1 CEU and an electronic gift card to virtually enjoy breakfast with your colleagues. (Additional registration and fee required.) This event includes the session:
- Trust-The Foundation of Transformation: Transformational change is only possible once you have a foundation of trust established. Presenters in this session will share the secret sauce to team success by walking you through their journey of restructuring three teams and leading complex change. Their work has resulted in high-quality results and a powerhouse of resources for their customers. Attend to see how they paint their vision and show attendees exactly how they made success a reality!
AHIMA International Focuses on Telehealth
9:55-10:45 a.m. CT
AHIMA International and Frontiers Health will bring together the brightest healthcare minds on the global stage with a session focused on telehealth in the age of COVID-19
The Rapid Rise of Telehealth as a Result of COVID-19 describes the significant acceleration of telehealth services as a result of the pandemic. Doctors and patients alike are recognizing the value of connecting remotely as the loosening of regulations allows greater adoption and reimbursement. Presenters at this session will share the innovative ways startups are assisting physicians by developing digital health technologies that allow them to support patients remotely, provide tools for chronic care management, and help improve health outcomes.
AHIMA20 Exhibit Hall
Dedicated Hours for Thusday: 12:45-1:45 p.m. CT
Visit the virtual Exhibit Hall every day to meet with dynamic exhibitors, attend targeted and timely presentations, and interact with technology demonstrations that may be the solution to your organization’s most pressing challenges. View the Exhibit Hall preview here.
General Educational Sessions
1:20-3:10 p.m. CT and 3:25-4:15 p.m. CT
The AHIMA20 Virtual Conference will focus on existing and emerging health information topics with 100+ education sessions and special events featuring top thought leaders from across the industry.
Clinical coding; CDI; privacy and security; AI and emerging technologies; informatics, analysis, and data usage; innovation, patient identification, and matching; social determinants of health; organizational management and dynamic leadership; and revenue cycle management (RCM) are among the topics at this year’s conference. Notable sessions for Thursday, Oct. 15 include:
- How a Large National Health System Deployed Mobile Technology to Simplify Query Workflow for Physicians: Hear how a large national health system implemented a mobile physician query platform that makes responding to queries faster and less distracting to patient care.
- Achieving and Maintaining a 1% Duplicate Error Rate: Presenters will describe the components to achieving a low duplicate error rate and the importance of organizational governance, leadership, data collection, and data integrity.
- Changing Healthcare Public Policy Landscape during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Should we expect a return to normal? Attendees of this session will gain a better understanding of the immediate impact of the pandemic on telehealth, public health, the opioid epidemic, and more.
- The Rise of Privacy: This session illustrates where US healthcare currently stands regarding privacy and security regulations, and how these regulations will be increasing in the near term.
- An Overview of Information Blocking Rules: Presenters at this session will review key aspects of the information blocking rules published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Office of the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology.
Listening Session: Help Us Forecast the Future of Health Information
11-11:50 a.m. CT
AHIMA has dedicated much of the past year to leaning into our transformation plan. At the same time, we’ve shifted to deliver value to members during a once-in-a-century pandemic. Please join 2020 AHIMA President/Chair Ginna Evans, MBA, RHIA, CPC, CRC, FAHIMA, and 2020 President/Chair-elect Katherine Lusk, MHSM, RHIA, FAHIMA, at a listening session during AHIMA20. Learn more.
General Session: AHIMA Day
1:45-3:15 p.m. CT
At this event, we will announce the winners of the 2020 Grace and Triumph award winners; hear an address on the state of AHIMA from Wylecia Wiggs Harris, PhD, CAE, CEO AHIMA; and listen to pitches from our startup vendors finalists for our 2020 Pitch Competition.